13 Snacks for 100 Calories or Less
The next time hunger creeps up on you, turn to this list for a small and satisfying bite that won’t ruin a healthy day!
- Pumpkin Yogurt– 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, sweetened with honey, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice blend (or cinnamon!)
- Cottage Cheese and Cantaloupe- top 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of diced cantaloupe for 50 percent of your daily recommended values of vitamins A and C
- Red Pepper and Goat Cheese- slice up one medium red pepper and top it with 2 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Carrots and Hummus- snack on 10 baby carrots and 2 tablespoons of your favorite hummus
- Open-Faced Turkey Sandwich- toast one slice of whole-wheat bread and spread it with 1 teaspoon of honey mustard; top with two slices of deli turkey
- 14 almonds- as the most nutritionally dense nut, almonds don’t need any extras to be a great snack
- Rice Cake and Almond Butter- top a rice cake with 2 teaspoons of almond butter for a snack loaded with fiber, iron, and vitamin E
- Avocado Rice Cake- top a rice cake with 1/4 of an avocado and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika
- Baked Apple- core a tennis-ball sized apple, dust it with cinnamon, and bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes
- Frozen Grapes- snack on 1 cup (about 28 grapes) of fresh or frozen grapes
- Strawberries and Goat Cheese- take about 10 large strawberries and pair them with 1 tablespoon of soft goat cheese for a snack that provides over 100 percent of the daily recommended value of vitamin C
- Kiwi and Coconut- slice one large kiwi and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Dark Chocolate- like dark chocolate needs an introduction… enjoy three squares or five dark chocolate kisses
What are your favorite, healthy snacks? Share in the comments below!