Eating healthy isn’t always a walk in the park, however, we all know it’s important! In order to do everything we can to help our patients succeed, we’ve put together 5 quick tips for anyone trying to eat healthier.
1. Hard-boiled eggs are cheap, healthy, and easy. If you find yourself getting bored with the classic taste of a hard-boiled egg with salt and pepper, spice it up by adding some cajun seasoning, Sriracha, or some other fun flavor combination to top off your protein.
2. Meal prep doesn’t mean you have to eat the same thing every day. Mix and match your proteins and vegetables so your meals don’t feel repetitive! Need some meal prep ideas? Check these out.
3. Buy as much “real food” as possible. Pass up the packaged goods and fuel your body with real foods — fruits, veggies, proteins, etc.!
4. Up your smoothie game. Smoothies are a great way to pack in essential vitamins, nutrients, protein, and energy into your day. Need some recipe inspiration? Give these a try
5. Stick to the edges of the grocery store. In most groceries, the edges of the store contain the produce, meats, dairy, and breads. The inner aisles are typically home to snacks, sugar, soft drinks, and the like. Stick to the 80/20 rule — 80% of groceries from the edges, 20% from the aisles.