Brian Tracy once said, “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” Take a look at the habits in your life: hitting the snooze button, having that bowl of ice cream every night, putting off that one task for just five more minute, etc. Are they setting you up for success? Or are they inhibiting your success? Take a look at these 8 habits of highly successful people and decide for yourself! What changes can you make today, in order to improve tomorrow?
8 Habits of Highly Successful People
1. Wake up early. Stop hitting that snooze button each morning and get yourself out of bed an hour earlier. That’s 365 hours extra each year, equating to more than two weeks, that you can use to better yourself. Seriously, get up!
2. Eat breakfast. Feed yourself a wholesome breakfast that will fuel your body for the tasks ahead of you. This will increase your energy and focus, making it much easier for you to take the bull by the horns.
3. Prioritize your to-do list. This might sound crazy, but you need to place your most dreaded task at the top of your list. Get it over with. You’ll feel a sense of relief once it’s finished, and be more willing to take on other trivial tasks that follow.
4. Exercise! Exercise boosts your energy and improves focus — so why not use that extra hour you just gained in your life to pump yourself up for the day before you?
5. Snack wisely. Eating fuels your brain, while improving focus, productivity, and memory. Plan snacks to pack and take with you throughout your day. This will help keep your metabolism going and your brain working at its best throughout the day.
6. Declutter. Get rid of the junk in your life. Research shows that getting rid of the clutter around you — magazines, junk mail, unused apps on your phone, receipts, etc., creates an environment for success.
7. Go to bed early. Getting the proper amount of sleep is important to your mental and physical health. If your biorhythms are off, your entire system fails to function at its best. Sleep lets your body reset and sets you up for success in all you want to achieve.
8. Be quiet. Take time to sit in a silence and reflect. In this day and age, phones are always buzzing, emails are always arriving, kids always need driving, Netflix always needs watching, and our brains never get a chance to just relax. Learn to be still so that you can be alone with your thoughts and truly relax.