At Quantum Chiropractic, we focus on treating the whole body, and one of the ways we do this is by offering deep tissue massage at our clinic. Deep tissue massage involves manipulating the deep layers of tissue in the body and is usually a slower and firmer massage than Swedish massage or acupressure.
Deep tissue massage helps stimulate blood flow and relieves muscle tension while lowering stress levels. Typically, there is a focus on major muscle groups such as the neck, back, shoulders, and hips. The goal of deep tissue massage is to reduce pain while improving the body’s ability to heal itself. In conjunction with chiropractic adjustments, the body is restored to its proper balance and functioning!
BENEFITS OF DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
- Treats Chronic Back Pain
- Research studies have found that deep tissue massage treatments over the course of 10 days resulted in significant pain reduction for lower back pain. Imagine the pain relief you’d feel when combining DTM with chiropractic adjustments!
- Helps Lower Blood Pressure
- A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that deep tissue massage had positive effects on systolic, diastolic, and mean arterial blood pressure readings in adults with pain and high blood pressure symptoms.
- Reduces Stress, Anxiety, and Muscle Tension
- Chronic stress can cause inflammation and muscle tension throughout the body, leading to health issues such as longer recovery time, cardiovascular problems, muscle pain, and more. Deep tissue massage helps naturally release stress as it dilates blood vessels and lowers the activity of the limbic system.
- Improves Athletic Recovery and Performance
- The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness reported findings that deep tissue massage helps improve athletic recovery time and performance. DTM helps improve lactate clearance, delayed onset muscle soreness, muscle fatigue, injury prevention, and injury treatment.
Start enjoying the benefits of deep tissue massage today by scheduling your appointment with our office!