7 Reasons Why You Should Be Examined immediately after an Auto Accident:
- You may have underlying injuries and not know it. Many auto injuries will not heal on their own or prevent future complications without early treatment. 2.
- Some injuries such as whiplash usually may not show any pain or discomfort symptoms for days or even weeks later. The longer treatment is delayed, the longer it takes to heal and more treatments are required. Time treatment can be most effective if care is given in the first 72 hours after an accident.
- Untreated soft tissue injuries can become permanent, leaving scar tissue in the muscle. This condition can limit your range of motion.
- You may have an injury even though the auto accident occurred at lower speed, and/or your car does not show much damage.
- Getting prompt medical treatment after an accident supports your claim and helps preserve your rights during any subsequent dispute or legal matter with another driver or insurance provider.
- You do not need to have health insurance or authorization from a medical doctor or auto insurance carrier to get treatment. All auto insurance policies in Washington and Oregon include a mandatory personal injury protection (PIP) that covers your medical bills. It allows drivers and passengers, regardless of who caused the accident, to receive medical services. PIP also covers your wage loss and loss of essential services. Call us at (360) 944-4437 for more details.
- If our examination indicated that you are not injured, you can have a peace of mind knowing that you were checked out by a Chiropractor who specializes in auto/personal injuries.